Mark Michael (CEO) and Daniel Rust (CTO) are the co-founders of DevHub, a white label technology platform that powers some of the world's most recognizable brands. Companies license DevHub technology to create sites /landing pages pages at scale. Companies also use DevHub as the repository for their experience data.
Mark and Daniel first met in high school and have been working together as business partners ever since. At DevHub, Mark handles business and marketing whereas Daniel defines its technical road-map and vision. According to Mark, Daniel is the closer and the person that comes in to seal the deal.
In today's episode, we talk candidly about Mark and Daniel's history, the early days of DevHub and how the two founders deal with conflict, and DevHub today and where the founders hope to take it.
- mark and daniel's history and doing startups together
- story of Devhub, its founding, pivots and the dark nights of the soul
- Devhub today and what it does
- customer outreach in white label business
- mistakes and lessons learned
- decision making process between two founders
- hiring at Devhub
- trends in company branding
- Devhub future direction
- building a company (devhub)
- acceleration of new technologies
- surprising fact
- how hard we're actually working almost every sing le day
- get up every day at 4:30 to work out
- how often I hang out with my parents (at least 4-5 times a week)
- super focused but at the same time always ready to be interrupted
- closing abilities
- mark: if you know you're right and good looking, go for it (aka just do it)
- daniel: having a basic understanding of things before speaking about them
- closing notes
- lookout for Devhub and where it's going